|Dates||January 23-25 2013|
|City||Ottawa, Ontario, Canada|
|Contact Name||Valerie Johnson|
|Summary||This conference is for Canadians interested in food and agriculture policy and its role in dealing with the trade environment in which Canada operates. Attendees will have access to the country’s cutting edge research in food and agricultural policy and an opportunity to interact with decision makers from across the country and across the globe.|
|Sponsors||We would like to thank our sponsors! A complete list of sponsors is available on our website.|
|Topics||The conference will address policy questions, such as:|
- How and why is the Trans-Pacific Partnership important for Canadian Agriculture?
- Are regional trade agreements effective in stimulating trade?
- Can Canadian agriculture benefit from regional trade agreements?
- What has the WTO contributed to global trade?
- Is the WTO really important for the future?
- How has the structure of domestic support in agriculture changed internationally and how has this affected trade?
- What impact do technical barriers to trade and private standards have on Canada’s agri-food trade flows and how can they be overcome?
- Will rising economic opportunity in emerging markets drive Canada’s trade future?
- What is the present status of the Canadian grain economy and how will recent reforms affect the future of Canada’s grain sector?
|Main Body||The Canadian Agricultural Economics Society along with the five ERCA Research Networks invite you to attend the third annual Agricultural Policy Conference. This year's conference focuses on trade's role in shaping Canada's agricultural economy. The lineup of speakers at this year's conference are leading experts in their fields. The conference draws over 200 registrants per year. Register online today to be part of the dialogue on leading agriculture policy issues.|
|Schedule||The conference opens with a Meet & Greet Reception on Wednesday, January 23rd. Plenary sessions run from 8:45 AM till 5:00 PM on Thursday, January 24th. A Wine & Cheese Reception is held on Thursday night in conjunction with the Research Poster Contest. Plenary sessions run from 8:30 AM to noon on Friday, January 25th.|
|Fees||Regular Registration : $275 (plus HST)|
Student Registration: $160 (plus HST)
Online registration available at: http://caes.megram.com/EventO.asp?Event_ID=3