The Alberta Livestock and Meat Agency (ALMA) is inviting proposals for funding of its “One Health” initiative to attain optimal health for people, animals and the environment.
ALMA says One Health is designed to:
• Support research and innovation initiatives that will improve animal health.
• Strengthen the foundation of animal health and food safety.
• Maintain the industry’s social licence to operate.
• Reduce loss of brand equity and/or markets due to consumer perception.
• Protect public health.
• Support the industry value proposition, stated as “leadership in animal health and food safety.”
Examples of guidelines for projects include new diagnostic capabilities, real-time monitoring of animal health parameters, on-farm food safety research related to emerging and foreign animal diseases and continued ecosystem assessment and management.
For more details visit ALMA’s website.