The Alberta Wheat Commission is investing $970,000 over five years in 13 wheat-related research projects.
- effectiveness and appropriate timing of plant growth regulators;
- fusarium head blight resistance in spring wheat;
- development of soft white spring and general purpose spring wheat with higher yield potential;
- influence of genotype, weather, growing environment, and crop management on gluten strength and the sustainability of CWRS as a premium wheat class;
- fighting rust fungal crop threats through integrated genomics research;
- and a province-wide survey to assess the extent of fusarium graminearum infestation.