The Alberta Young Speakers for Agriculture is holding an inaugural public speaking competition for Alberta youth to share their passion about the agricultural industry. The competition will be held during the Calgary Stampede on July 13 and offers youth ages 11 to 24 an opportunity to share their views on a topic important to agriculture.
Participants must give a five- to seven-minute speech on topics important to the agricultural industry. The winner will receive a cash prize of up to $1,000 and be eligible to compete in the Canadian Young Speakers for Agriculture competition in Toronto.
The topics for the 2016 competition are:
- What is the impact of public opinion on Canadian farmers?
- How would you explain a GMO to a non-farmer?
- What does the next generation of agriculture bring to the table?
- How can we improve the media’s perception of Canadian agriculture?
- Old MacDonald had a farm … But what about Mrs. MacDonald?