Where to turn for help when dealing with local government

female farmer with tractor
Reading Time: < 1 minute

The Farmers’ Advocate Office has a new publication to help Albertans better understand municipal processes relating to development permits, subdivision applications, appeals, property assessments, and petitions.

Engaging With Your Municipality provides a plain language overview of what rural landowners might want to know if they are preparing for an appeal and some of the tips we have learned at the FAO,” said Jeana Schuurman, the office’s rural engagement and communications specialist.

The six-page booklet is available at the Alberta Agriculture website or by calling 310-FARM.

About the author



Stories from our other publications