The Western Grains Research Foundation (WGRF) will invest over $18 million into field crop research in 2015 — more than double the $7.3 million awarded in 2013.
Among the projects receiving funding in 2015 are:
- Genome Canada Large Scale Applied Research Project ($5 million)
- Systems Approach to Crop Sustainability ($4.3 million over five years, half from WGRF)
- Wheat Cluster ($25.2 million over five years with $9.6 million from WGRF)
- Barley Cluster ($11.2 million over five years with $1.5 million from WGRF)
- graduate scholarships
- agronomy research capacity study of Western Canada