One of the sessions from the recent Cow-Calfenomics risk management series is now available on Alberta Agriculture and Rural Development’s web page.
The theme of this year’s series was Seizing Opportunity in the Alberta Cow-Calf Sector. The agenda included:
- Meat and cattle fundamentals for herd planning: opportunities and threats to expanding the cow herd;
- Linking pasture systems to optimize beef performance and profit;
- Beef cow investment;
- Managing prosperity in the beef industry;
- A helpful hand: human resource strategies for the ranch;
- Transition tactics;
- A producer’s perspective.
The Olds Cow-Calfenomics session is available at agriculture.alberta.ca.