The new Livestock Central presented by BMO Financial Group will showcase live demonstrations, speakers and interactive exhibits featuring products and services specific to livestock producers.
Nestled between 1st Street and 3rd Street along Manitoba Drive, Livestock Central will feature indoor and outdoor exhibits. The indoor exhibits will be housed in a new 60×60-foot Livestock Pavilion, located at the corner of 1st Street and Manitoba Drive.
“After the success of our first year of Ag in Motion, we are thrilled to expand the expo site this year and to offer new highlights such as a dedicated livestock area,” says show director Rob O’Connor.
To kick off the first day of Ag in Motion, Tuesday, July 19 has been designated “Dairy Day.” All dairy producers in Western Canada were invited to attend this special day dedicated to showcasing the latest in the industry. VIP invites were included in the June issue of the Milk Producer and distributed by sponsors BMO Financial Group, Agri-King, Promat, Grober Nutrition, New-Life Mills and Milk Producer.
Live Demonstrations and Speaker Program Daily Schedule:
- Barley Silage Demonstration Part 1 – 10:30 a.m. in the Silage Demo Field – Eight acres of barley have been planted and Part 1 of this demo will showcase harvesting equipment including mowers, cutters and mower conditioners.
- Cattle-Handling Demo – 11 a.m. daily in the Livestock Central pasture area, Manitoba Drive and 1st Street – Experts from multiple manufacturers will explain the features and benefits of their products, as live cattle are manoeuvred through the different cattle-handling systems.
- Livestock Speaker Program – 2 p.m. in the Special Events Tent – Tom Snyders from Lely Forages will discuss forage management to achieve the goal of making quality feed and not just bales. Tom will cover important topics such as preparation and when to cut, height of cut, drying time, ash content, harvesting/baling, compaction of baleage and storage.
- Livestock Speaker Program – 2:30 p.m. in the Special Events Tent – “Essential lipids for life – is your calf thriving or surviving?” presented by PMT. Titan Clean Energy Projects Corp. will follow with information on its new feed additive product, Mayan Gold.
- Barley Silage Demonstration Part 2 – 3 p.m. in the Silage Demo Field – Part 2 will showcase balers and bale wrappers from a variety of manufacturers.
Livestock Central presented by BMO Financial Group
As Canada’s largest chartered bank lender to the agriculture sector, BMO Bank of Montreal understands agriculture, and the dedication and investment that go into every growing decision. Over the past two years cattle, hog, and field crop sectors in Canada have experienced significant price volatility, while dairy and poultry producers faced uncertain futures. Even with these challenges, the industry has adapted thanks to the resilient producers who adjust to change and remain optimistic about the future.
A new generation of farmers is expected over the next decade; succession strategies will become increasingly important. The future for agriculture looks bright and BMO is here to help by sharing its expertise in the agriculture industry.
“We are thrilled to be a part of the Ag in Motion Outdoor Expo and look forward to seeing you at the show July 19 to 21,” says Marcia Lemon, VP Commercial Banking, BMO Bank of Montreal.